Police Officers in Sitka
More Than a Job, It's a Career!
CBS Police Department is seeking qualified team members to fill the full-time, permanent position of Police Officer.
The successful candidate will maintain community order through enforcing local, State and Federal laws. Principal duties of this class are performed in an outdoor work environment, involving all types of weather and one in which the employee is subject to potential personal danger. The work is performed under the direct supervision of the assigned Police Sergeants and Lieutenants.
- No previous law enforcement experience required.
- The Sitka Police Dept. will provide PAID TRAINING
For details about the fulltime Police Officer job with the City of Sitka, visit cityofsitka.com. Here you can read about the salary ($29.50 to $34.36/hour DOE/Q), benefits offered by the City, minimum qualifications, view a complete job description, and download an application. Or come by the Police Dept. for an application.
Do you meet these minimum requirements?
- 21 years of age
- High School Diploma or GED
- In possession of a valid driver’s license
- United States citizen
- Ability to work 12-hour shifts and overtime (as needed), including nights, weekends and holidays
- Candidates must be able to pass a background check and have no prior felony convictions
- Meet all the requirements of the Alaska Police Standards Council for certification