We’re Hiring an Office Assistant
Friends of SJ Museum - Part Time Jan.-May
The Friends of Sheldon Jackson Museum are seeking a self-motivated, well-organized individual to fill the role of Office Assistant.
- The ideal candidate will be skilled in writing, communication, and time management.
- Experience with office environments, website management & social media is a plus.
- This contract position averages 12 hours/week, and begins at $17 an hour.
- The contract runs from January thru May, with an option to take on additional (limited) hours in summer.
The Office Assistant position is a contractual agreement between the Friends of Sheldon Jackson Museum and the assistant as an independent contractor. Expected hours average 12 hours/week and compensation starts at $17 an hour. At certain points in the year, weekly hours may range from 8-16 depending on project needs. The Board of Directors will collaborate with you to set a schedule of office hours that works for you, and modifications can be made as needed if notice is given. The schedule is flexible and includes the occasional option to work from home when agreed upon with the supervisor. The contractor is supervised by a designee of the Board of Directors of the Friends of Sheldon Jackson Museum. All insurance, social security, and taxes are the responsibility of the contractor.
The individual will support and project the mission of the Friends to the membership and the general public. The Office Assistant must be highly organized and an independent, self-motivated worker. Excellent communication skills are needed, specifically the ability to write well and convey information in different mediums (ex: fundraising letters, emails, social media captions). Experience in an office environment is ideal. Familiarity with basic website management is a plus. Programs and sites used in the office include Excel, Word, WordPress, Mailchimp, Canva, Square, and potentially Quickbooks.
Please visit www.friendsofsjm.com/job for more details — such as specific responsibilities and expectations — and how to apply.
How to Apply – Download and fill out the application HERE. Or email your resume, a cover letter and a writing sample to email@example.com
- Completed applications may be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org OR submitted in-person or by snail mail to Friends of SJM, 104 College Drive, Sitka, AK 99835.
Questions about the job? Contact the Friends at (907) 747-6233 or email email@example.com